Friday, August 19, 2016

[工学部ブログ] Summer in Japan = Fireworks!

Summer in Japan is really hot, even for me, who is Indonesian. Sometimes it gets to around 38 degree C and the felt temperature is even higher because of its humidity. Although it feels so hot, I still think summer is still better than winter. (笑)

One thing that makes summer in Japan different than any other place is the existence of fireworks. I think it is a tradition in Japan to have firework festivals in each prefecture or area to compete with others. And I also think Japanese firework is one of the best in the world. I have ever seen one in Tokyo that showed Pikachu's face after its burst. I was very surprised when I saw that one.

This summer I have been very busy with experiments, grad school entrance exams, Indonesian Student Association things so I decided not to go to any of the festival. But, 2 weeks ago I had a chance to view the fireworks from Kujiraya, the curry canteen located in Suita Campus. It was very beautiful and slightly reduced the tense of this year's summer.

I will show you the picture, but because of the limitation of my camera, it doesn't look similar to the real one. So big isnt it? :P
See ya.


No comments: